Too much time passed since my last post… but we are almost done with 2013. So advanced Happy New Year to you all!!
December 30th marks 23 years since I first left India for US… time flies, but that date always will be a significant milestone for me.
So it is time for new year resolutions… mine is simple… I just want to be better than who I was in 2013… would keep reminding myself of that.
Here are a few highlights of 2013 (in random order) and see you all in 2014 with more regular posts.
- In December, we went to Maui, Hawaii, our first trip ver to Hawaii and met up our friends Sally Anne, Peter, Todd & Emma Gillman from Australia. It was a blast.
- Year 2013 was my busiest travel year ever – 170 K actual flying miles, 15 K more than last year.. and 2014 doesn’t show any signs of slowing down.
- In July my cousin Raja & Family visited us from Japan for a few days and we met after 15 years…
- In May Lesli finally made her maiden voyage to California when we went to Bay area and visited my brother & family and met up my friend Subbu and Family visiting from India there..
- In November we lost one of our close family friends Mike Hunter to Cancer… he was just a month shy of 50 years. The toughest part of this loss was that I didn’t get a chance to say proper goodbye. When we went to Omaha, I ended up getting a fever and had to say goodbye from outside of his house front door. I got a late start on Movember… and grew my facial hair for 4 weeks and a let a lot of people know that it was for Mike. If you haven’t seen the final photo, here is a link to it on FB. Mike will be missed dearly…
- Made 4 trips to India in 2013, during one of them in January met up with my friend Ruffin Beckwith who was on a world tour and spent some time visiting a few places in India. He posted his experiences in his blog, which actually inspired me to start writing also… You can read his entire experience at Ruffin on the Road.
- We had our yearly trip to Puerto Vallarta in March, Our Montana road trip in September.. Glacier National Park is still my favorite place to visit… it is breath taking.
- Can’t complain about work either… started Attune Digital with couple of long friends and colleagues Steve Wilen and Chris Tivey. Currently working on opening a second development center in India in my hometown of Rajahmundry in March/April 2014. It is going to be an exciting year ahead.
Hope every one is having a great holiday break. I have a lot to thankful for… health, family, friends and busy working schedule… what else can you ask for??
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!