So you see on the news that US Government is doing a lot to give relief to everyone to ride out this Pandemic!!
How is that working out for you?
- Many people that are let go are going on unemployment… waiting for their benefits
- Small business owners working on SBA loans and keeping employees in hope of loan coming through… what happens if their loan runs out and no new business in 3 months?
- Vendors are the first ones cut out – so freelancers and non-essential vendors are hurting
- Freelancers and vendors don’t have any guidance for loans or any unemployment benefits so they can’t even apply for anything
- Oh and if you made $100 K or more last year don’t worry about getting any check from government either… you must have a lot of reserves.
- Did the credit card companies or any others you owe money to stopped sending reminder emails or call you about your late payments? They have more time to follow up more than ever…
Not sure how many are in a position of not receiving any help, but it is tough to ride this out… for another month? Two Months?
While congress is working on 4th, 5th and 6th bill… for relief, I am thinking this is not going to be sustainable. How many more months you will do this? Is there any realistic expectation of when all businesses will open and be normal? 2, 3 or 6 months? By that time people are sitting at home either surviving on one of these benefits or absolutely wiped out of all resources and desperate.
I am neither against or for these efforts but without a clear plan possible for future (based on current information), these are all just temporary fixes… the only thing that can change the situation is a cure or vaccine. May be a Trillion $ should be put into that effort by the world.